Consider a life-changing summer at Clearwater Forest! Working at Clearwater Forest is more than just a job you can put on your resume… It is an experience that will build character, affect hundreds of young lives, improve life skills, impact career decisions, and provide friends from all over the world that will keep in touch for years to come.
what are the job responsibilities of
the summer staff?
Summer staff members do all of this and more:
- Lead activities and teach skills
- Facilitate small group interaction during Quest (Bible study), time with cabin mates, and at family-style meals
- Create new games and programs to enliven the summer camp experience for kids
- Teach responsibility to children and youth through the daily routine of getting ready, eating meals, caring for personal belongings, and going to bed each night
- Encourage all ages to try new things and think differently
- Support the operation of the camp behind the scenes (sud-busting (aka washing dishes); cleaning facilities; building fires; completing other work projects around camp)
- Enable family bonds to be built by working with Family Camps and Grands Camps
- Serve day-campers at churches through the Camp-in-a-Van program that goes off-site each week
- Stretch to learn new skills like cooking over an open fire, rolling a sea kayak or climbing the magnificent rocks along the northern shore of Minnesota
- Love each camper with the love of God
- Help each child, youth and adult that comes to Clearwater Forest to grow in their spirituality and relationship with Jesus Christ
Summer Staff 2022 Applications will open soon!
If you are interested in working at Clearwater this summer and want to get a head start, please email your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking counselors, support staff, and specialized roles, particularly looking for those with lifeguard certification, musical abilities (guitar/other instruments), nursing background, individuals looking for leadership roles and increased responsibility, and any other unique skills.
who is the
Our terrific summer staff at Clearwater Forest are one of the big reasons so many campers love to return year after year! Clearwater intentionally seeks a diverse group of summer staff from local churches, area colleges, camp alumni, and international staff from around the world. Through intensive staff training, this group of individuals bonds and grows together to form a warm and welcoming community for everyone who comes to camp.
We look for: enthusiasm; a strong work ethic; people who take initiative; individuals who LOVE children and youth so much that they are led to invest in a summer of ministry; and someone who desires to know God better and grow in their faith.
All applicants are well screened and evaluated before a decision is made to hire them. All applicants must fill out an in-depth application that covers many areas of their personal and spiritual experience and abilities. We require a minimum of three references for every applicant, a background check is conducted on each, and Clearwater only hires individuals who we would trust with our own children!
Staff training is two weeks long and held prior to the first day of camp. It includes focused attention on each individual’s area of employment, general policies, procedures and safety standards. We train in program areas, leadership skills, backcountry camping skills and daily life at Clearwater Forest. The strong staff community only enhances the fun and spiritually nurturing time your camper will have while at Clearwater Forest!
To apply for the Summer Staff: Please click on the application button below, create an account and fill out your application on UltraCamp. Please note: ALL staff members must be at least 18 years of age and have completed at least one year of study at university.